Wednesday, June 23, 2010

RE: Exercise = tick : eating - not so much

It's only day 3 (!), but so far I've been good with my eating this week!  Re-introduced carbs at breakfast and lunch (2 eggs+spinach on 2 x multigrain toast, veg soup with smoked chicken added and 1 x multigrain toast) which has stopped me reaching for the biscuit tin and given me more energy for evening training.  No carbs after 6pm though....which is still a tough one as I watch Steve tuck in to creamy mash and packets of biscuits!  Out for dinner and a film tonight - need to make good choices and stay away from the pick n mix!!
 
I've done 4 different group classes...........not sure I'll squeeze another 4 in by next Wed.  But will be there tomorrow night and I've heard the new pump-like class starts 6.30pm next Wed.
 
 
Many thanks,
Jacque
 
Jacqueline Millett
 
Clinical Trial Monitor
Roche Products (New Zealand) Limited
8 Henderson Place, Te Papapa
PO Box 12 492, Penrose
Auckland, New Zealand
 
Phone: +64 9 635 1541
Fax: +64 9 635 1606
Mobile: +64 21562 711
 
Confidentiality Note: This message together with any attachments is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.
 
 


From: Helen Carter [mailto:Helen@EliteFitness.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:44 AM
To: Ellen Graney; Millett, Jacqueline {MED~Auckland}; Jo Ogg; Johnny; Kate Ball; Lisa Moor; Matt Archer; Meghan Wales; Sela Corbett; Stephanie Taylor; Tarryn Keep; Trudy McLauglin
Cc: genesis.team.evolution.septu@blogger.com
Subject: Exercise = tick : eating - not so much

Hey guys, how you all doing?  How’s the week’s training going.

I’m starting to notice a trend with our group – we’re AWESOME at training and we’re all pretty happy with how we’re tracking with our exercise – and it’s why we’re winning the comp so far (and will continue to of course).  But it’s the eating we’re having a few struggles with. 

 

I had a catchup with Tarryn yesterday and once again, it freaked me right out.  Turns out 4 really good days are quickly negated by 3 bad days.  While I planned a “day off” on Friday and had a pretty big blow out, it resulted in really lazy behaviour over the weekend – badly thought out meals and no exercise.  So my major lesson for last week is 4 great days isn’t enough, I need to get serious about this and not let all my good work go to waste by letting old behaviour creep back in.  And realistically I felt fantastic last week and was proud of what I was doing, but after Friday I felt lethargic and grumpy all weekend and have only really started feeling good about this challenge again today… that’s a long mental recovery period.

 

So this Friday I have another social event planned but instead of downing a bottle of wine on an empty stomach and then trying to backpeddle my way to sobriety by scoffing burger fuel (which at the time I reasoned was a healthy option), I will have first have a healthy meal, then only a few drinks with waters in between.  Saturday I’m out of town and at a kids party so will avoid the junk food by taking my own salad and will be a good Aunty and play with the kids instead of standing round with the adults eating junk.

 

Anyways, that’s enough about me… how are you guys addressing your eating anxieties?

 

Let’s take this to the next level!!

 

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment